Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Peace

Today is my day to post on Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog. I think it's wonderful how there are 4 team members and we each have our own special Tuesday of the month! 

I have a favorite set of stamps that are no longer available, and haven't been available, for years.  Do you remember the Precious Moments ceramic statutes by Hallmark?  Well, years ago Stampendous made Precious Moments stamps and I started collecting them.  I've since found them on E-Bay and some are very pricey!  I believe I have my retirement account in Precious Moments stamps!  They came wood mounted, and years ago I unmounted ALL my stamps and put them in topic notebooks in 4 pouches per sleeve making my collection a little easier to maintain.  The stamp below is one of three that I bought off of E-Bay last summer. All three are shaped like church windows (at least that's what the shape means to me).  The images can be religious oriented if you want to look at them in that way, which I do. Here's is a little shepherd sleeping with one of his flock.
I used a stencil to make my 'brick' wall and then cut a hole in the wall and put clear acetate in front of the colored image which is mounted inside so it actually looks like a stained glass church window. I don't know who made the sentiment stamp, but I thought it was perfect with this image and it reflects how I feel.

At this point I need to give credit where credit is due. I didn't color this image, my daughter, Stephanie, did. While she was recuperating from cervical surgery she spent weeks at my house and I found out she liked to color. Between the two of us, she now has sets of colored pencils, markers, watercolor pens and gel pens. I gave her this image to color and I thought it would get her imagination going and keep her busy for a bit. It did both.
With all the beautiful colors in this 'stained glass window', I had to pick a color for my bow. I thought the yellow was pretty against the gray 'bricks' and black frame and I used two different width yellow ribbons for my bow. This bow was so easy to make with my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. Attempting to hold this ribbon and tie it would've been difficult without my bow tool. If you have a bow tool, I hope you use it as the bows come out perfect every time!
hope you've been able to visit the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog and see each team member's fabulous projects!  If not, please scroll down!  We'd be delighted if you left a comment, too!

There's a few more days left on our monthly challenge so please get out your ribbon, make a bow, get it on your project and join us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW challenge!
                                                                                                     Thanks for stopping by!
                                                                                Gail