Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Create with your soul art board ...







Hi all
It is Tracey here with my inspiration post for this month .. I have been doing a lot of mixed media pieces lately and thought I would create something in that line for you this month instead of a card . The pretty ribbon I had from my MPP pack inspired this piece . The ribbon colour was a perfect match for my blue distress inks..
The art board is 18cm tall and is made of MDF . I painted the base and sides with black gesso. I prefer to work on mountboard  rather than straight onto mdf for my techniques as it has a lovely smooth surface and reacts well to lots of mixed media techniques,.so I cut 2 pieces of mountboard for the front and back of the mdf piece . I then inked them  up using tumbled glass ,broken china and peacock feathers Tim Holtz  distress inks . I used black versafine ink and stamped the foliage using sheena douglass stamps. I cut a smaller mountboard square ,inked it in the same colours and stamped the sentiment onto it . the sentiment is one I have had for a while and I think it was from visible image. I also added a freehand edge to the sentiment just it finish it off.


The triple  looped bow was made using my Craft-Dee BowZ bowmaker . It is my go to bow creator as it makes perfect bows every time so easily you can get yours HERE
 

I added a pretty flower to the bow centre which I made using an Ek success flower punch and a swirly vine embossing folder to give the flower texture.
The butterflies are made using a crafters companion mixed media butterfly die set.



I hope you like my project and have a go at one for yourselves . 
I HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US IN THE CHALLENGE
Happy Crafting
Tracey