Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Friday, July 11, 2014

"Friends" Tag by Karen

Hi there,

Karen here, sharing a really fun "Friends" tag using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool.  I absolutely love the large tag concept, so ultimately, this tag will definitely be an album cover.

The tag measures 4 3/4 X 8, which offers great space for loads of creativity. The base layer is a patterned mega tag by K and Company.  I added a random coat of gesso creating a whitewash effect. I then used my stencil to add a sketch grid pattern to the tag. To enhance the whitewash effect I added white gelatos to the edges of the tag and adhered the tag to chipboard as prep for an album. I accented all embellishments with gesso to easily blend with the tag. I continued embellishing and added 2 really cute bows that I created with the Craft-Dee Bowz tool to enhance the overall design.

 
Friends Tag by Karen Jiles Supplies Tag: K and Company; Wooden tickets: Prima; Flowers: Recollections; Gelatos: Faber Castell; Adhesive: Xyron; Tool: Craft-Dee-BowZ; Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop; Other: Ribbon, Paint, Cheesecloth, Gesso
 



This is a close up of the bows and other embellishments.  I love how effortless the tool makes bow making. I was able to make multi looped bows very quickly and in just the right sizes.
Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Karen

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

great tag-card, Karen!

Vicki robertson said...

Karen, your tag is so pretty! I love the pink and lavender combination.

MG said...

So, what could be better than a gorgeous tag with a sassy purple bow.....? A gorgeous tag with TWO sassy purple bows! I have to say that it would never have occurred to me to use two bows but I just love that look.
I really like this site as I always see beautiful, creative stuff here. But Karen...you have me rushing off to the craft room to dust off my jar of Gesso!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen Jiles said...

Thanks, Ladies!!

Donna Maligno said...

Karen this is just so lovely and Spring-y! Love the brightness of the flowers and adding two bows to it just completes it. There's certainly some great stuff going on in the background with Gesso and Gelatos, etc. Love it!

Barbara Bruder said...

Karen your tag is great. Love the idea that it opens up at the top to be like a card.Your bows are the perfect compliment to those beautiful flowers.