Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Today and Always


 
Hello, everyone!  I’m Olga and I am both thrilled and honored to have been invited by Donna Maligno to be a guest designer for this month at Craft-Dee BowZ. The theme for June being "wedding", I'm excited to share my card project with you.

A little about me…..I started handcrafting cards after taking early retirement almost 8 years ago. It all began when my talented sister-in-law talked me into buying some supplies to get me started. Well, in a very short time I fell in love with this beautiful craft and have been enjoying it ever since. You can view my work on my blog here.

To me, there is something about weddings that calls for elegance. Maybe it’s the gorgeous attire of the bride and her bridal party or the beautifully decorated wedding reception halls. Traditional colors of ivory or white, accents of gold, and pearls and bows immediately come to mind. So, here is the card I created for June’s wedding theme. I do hope you like it.

I started with GKD (Gina K Designs) Pure Luxury Ivory card stock for my base. I cut a layer in ivory using a Sue Wilson’s Spanish Collection – Granada die and outlined the edges with a Sakura Gelly Roll gold pen. This layer was then adhered to my base card. Next, I cut another layer in wedding designer paper using a die from Sue Wilson’s Spanish Collection – Seville set and layered it over the ivory layer.

A Poppy Stamp Claudette Oval Frame die was used to create my frame which was then stamped with a sentiment from GKD Elegant Florals stamp set using Versamark ink. The sentiment was then embossed with gold EP and adhered to my prepared base card using dimensionals.

In my final steps I attached a pearl spray "branch" to my card, created my double loop bow (using my Craft-Dee BowZ bow maker) in ivory satin, attached a lace butterfly and added a pearl to its center. This completed my project.

I hope you enjoyed this post and have been inspired to create a wedding card. You just never know when an invitation may arrive requesting your presence at another beautiful wedding! 

8 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh Olga, your card is stunning. I love that pearl spray.And your bow is so pretty. Great card. Thanks for joining us at CDB.

lalkygirl said...

Wow Olga what a beautiful elegant project ,love the pretty spray
Tracey x

Vicki robertson said...

Absolutely stunning card, Olga! The design and choice of colors make it extra elegant. I love the butterfly in the center of your bow!

Donna said...

Olga, first let me thank you for agreeing to share your art on the Craft-Dee BowZ blog. Readers will definitely be inspired by this elegant creation. I love all your layers and the crowning glory of your bow with the gorgeous spray and butterfly to compliment it. We hope to see more of your work I the future.

MG said...

Wow, that is just so lovely that I have no words to describe it. Simply stunning. It would almost be worth getting married again just to receive that card.....almost!

Gail said...

OMGosh this is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE all the diecuts and putting the butterfly in the center of the bow is so elegant looking. What a beautiful satin bow! Hugs, Gail

Olga Moore said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. It has been an honor and a pleasure to share my work with Craft-Dee Bowz as this month's guest designer. Hugs to all.

Jennifer Bradley said...

Hi Olga, what a stunning wedding card, beautiful design, love the dies. Hugs Jennifer xx