Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

True Beauty

Hi Everyone
Thanks for dropping by today.

I usually post for Craft-Dee BowZ on the 1st Tuesday of each month, However since September 1 is the day CDB announces the challenge winner and its also the day all us designers post our inspiration projects, I decided to post on another day. Since there are 5 Tuesdays in September, I pushed my post date to the 5th Tuesday of September, and that's today.And that means that tomorrow is the last day in September. I can't believe October will be here in 2 days, Holy Moly!!!

Each month we designers have a theme for our posts and the theme for September was a choice between numbers or steampunk.And since steampunk, is a fun theme, I went with that. Because I knew this theme was coming up, I had been picking up a few things for this theme and setting them aside. So I finally pulled out all  my goodies and put together this 9"X12" panel. I decided on the layout and hot glued things down. I don't want anything falling off. LOL  Here is the end result.



If you notice this time I didn't make a bow. I made a tassel instead. I thought it was a perfect fit for those keys. Tassels were grand  during the Victorian era. Since Steampunk is Victorian-esque, I thought the tassel would be a perfect embellishment for this theme.

Here is a close-up of the tassel and it's right by those keys. I used seam binding instead of ribbon or bakers twine to make my tassel. After I finished making the tassel, I cut the dangly pieces in half because I felt they were too wide.

.

A tassel made with the Craft-Dee BowZ??  Sure. With that bow maker you can make tassels as well. That tool is so versatile. Donna has a video that walks you thru making a tassel using the CDB tool. Click here to view the video, its just a little over 3 minutes long.

This was a fun project to make and since it's a panel, it will make a nice display in my home.

SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
BackgroundCanvas Panel (9X12)
Paint: Black, Copper, Sea Glass 
Dies Used: Tim Holtz/Sizzix Weathered Clock, Sizzix Keys(Really old and out of production)
Accessories
Bakers Twine, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam, BoBunny Layered Chipboard - Penny Emporium, Jolee's Steampunk Gears,7 Gypsies Frame, Tim Holtz DP (tickets), Tim Holtz/Sizzix Embossing Folder - Riveted Metal, Metallic cogs and gears - unknown. Paint

Well I hope you enjoyed my project and if you need to make a tassel, the Craft-Dee BowZ tool is the perfect answer.

Stop back on Oct. 1 for the beginning of next months challenge and new inspiration projects from the designers.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous job on this panel Barb. So much too look at and absorb. So glad you features the ribbon tassel - it really does do the trick!

Jennifer Bradley said...

Fabulous steampunk panel, love all the elements and the tassel is just perfect. Hugs Jennifer xx

Vicki robertson said...

Fantastic panel with Steampunk design, Barbara! Lots of wonderful details.

Gail said...

This is such a beautiful collage! The items you've used are outstanding and the color is gorgeous! Fabulous steampunk panel! Hugs, Gail