Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A fabulous idea for Christmas!

A good friend passed along this wonderful project on Grace's BLOG.  I have shamelessly copied it with several differences that I think you may like just as well.  Where Grace used a glass block from a home improvement store, I had to use a glass container.  The only blocks I could find were sealed completely with no opening at the top.  I have seen them elsewhere in my travels with an opening at the top, but can't pinpoint just where I saw them.  So off to the craft store where I found this container.

I stamped the trees on vellum and embossed them.  I had previously cut the vellum so that it would fit inside the glass container.  I also purchased tiny cool white bulbs for the project, nestled them in some tulle and instead of topping the container with a bow, I wrapped it completely around the container and added the bow using my Craft-Dee BowZ with a little additional bling to create interest and to keep it secure.  The entire bow assembly slips off and on very easily.  I love how it looks, don't you?

Just another wonderful thing you can do with the Craft-Dee BowZ!


Happy bow making!

Donna