Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Whimsical face

Hello bow makers!  I did put this up on Facebook, but thought I'd share a bit about the class I took today.  We had the pleasure of having Donna-Marie come down from NH to teach us a whimsical face class.  Let me tell you, Donna-Marie is one of the best teachers on the planet.  She was concise, informative, interesting and a down right funny, crazy lady (my kind of gal!).  It was great to learn a new technique and not be on information overload.  She taught us enough technique about features with four pages of overlays, step by step, to see the progression of putting the face together.  Then, if that wasn't enough, she taught us a new way of "photo" transfer that is inexpensive and can be used over and over.

Once we got thru the drawing and transfer part, then we got to color our images.  That's when the fun really began.  I never knew I could mix such bizarre colors together and create such wonderful whimsy.  My project had green hair (yep!) mixed with browns, grays, reds and blues!  Shadowing was the most fun -- the more you add, the better this face got.

Okay, okay, here's my finished project.  No, she's not perfect, but she's not supposed to be and she's mine!


Of course I had to add a bow made from the Craft-Dee BowZ to hang this little pretty.  My focus is off a bit, but I just thought I'd show you another way you can utilize your Craft-Dee BowZ -- for picture hanging!

Here's a picture of some of the other whimsical faces that the other girls did.  We all learned the same technique, but look how different each face is.  Fantastic!


That's Jennifer far left, Mimi, Chris, Donna-Marie, me, Stacy and Kim (owner of Kept Creations).  What a great time we had.  We love you Donna-Marie -- please come back next summer!

I hope you enjoyed this peek into "a day in the life of...".

Donna