Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Vicki's Vintage Necklace Bust

Vicki here...I'm up on the Craft-Dee BowZ Blog today with a project featuring this month's theme of butterflies, fairies and shades of aqua.

Aqua is an all time favorite color and I couldn't wait to create something with the gorgeous ribbon and flowers that arrived in my DT package.  I've had this plan to alter a burlap necklace bust that I purchased a few months ago, and now was the time to execute it!

 
I had so much fun embellishing this!

The lace color that I used as the neckline on the bust belonged to my grandmother, who passed away six years ago, just a few months shy of her 100th birthday.  So, it was definitely the vintage touch I wanted for the base.  I layered floral and jeweled trim around the neckline of the lace collar and added a piece of patterned paper in the v as the dress.


The mini gold photo frame is antiqued using several colors of ink.  I embellished it with a rhinestone butterfly from my stash.  The photo is my parents on their wedding day.


I created the choker using a string of pearl beads, hot glue and a flower.


The floral cluster on the shoulder is made of burlap and fabric flowers with tulle and leaves tucked in behind them.  I added a brass scissor charm to the cluster as well.  The gorgeous aqua satin bow was created using my Craft-Dee BowZ bow making tool.   The self contained dowel storage makes it portable and easy to take along whenever you are crafting.   I actually own two Craft-Dee BowZ and did you know that if you velcro them together on the shorter sides that you can increase the size of your bows?  Hmmm… I wonder what I could do with three?  It makes bow making so easy!  Finally, I tucked in a couple of stick pins in the center of the bow as a finishing touch. 

Featured Product
Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Making Tool

From my stash...
Burlap Bust and Flowers, Frame, Jeweled Trim: Michaels
Brass Scissor Charm, Floral Trim: Recollections
Flowers: Petaloo
Ink: Tsukineko Stazon
Patterned Paper: 7 Dots Studio
Stick Pins: Little Yellow Bicycle, Prima
Other: mulberry roses, rhinestone butterfly, ribbon, tulle

I hope my project has inspired you!
Thanks for stopping by.