Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Present Card with Guest Designer Dana Tatar


Hi Craft-Dee BowZ fans! Guest Designer Dana Tatar here today sharing a festive holiday card. I thought it would be fun to make a card that looked like a wrapped present and this is what I came up with.


I attached a fun piece of red polka dot patterned paper to a cardstock card base and then applied green polka dot fabric tape both vertically and horizontally across the center of the card. I added a large canvas flower to the center of the card and tucked gold Starform Stickers around the flower. I backed the gold holly leaves with green paper for a pop of color. I added a stamped gift tag under the edge of the flower. I topped the flower with a large glittery triple-loop bow that I tied with my Craft-Dee BowZ Tool. I finished the card with a patterned paper tag, small flower, twine bow and some acorns.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, Nikki Sivils; Tag: Avery; Gold Stickers: Starform; Ink: Ranger; Stamps: Paper Wings Productions; Canvas Flower: Canvas Corp; Other: Ribbon, Twine, Small Green Flower, Fabric Tape, Cardstock

5 comments:

Donna Maligno said...

How do I say this? So out of the box, but in the box? LOL! This is absolutely CLEVER! Love it Dana.

Barbara Bruder said...

Dana, this is a great idea!!I absolutely love it. Your bow is fabulous and I love the embellies you used i=on the bow. Simply gorgeous.

Vicki robertson said...

Fantastic card! That is one gorgeous bow, Dana!

Vicki robertson said...

Fantastic card! That is one gorgeous bow, Dana!

Gail said...

I'm laughing at myself. I looked at the picture and thought: what a great wrapping on a package. hahahhaa. Holy moly, I need to read before I jump to conclusions! This is an awesome card and that ribbon and bow are beautiful! I adore those acorns. See what little things some of us notice who live in the desert and never see an oak tree? This is gorgeous. Beautiful bow on this gorgeous paper! Hugs, Gail