Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Autumn Chores

It's a new week and my day to spotlight on Craft-Dee BowZ.  The challenge this month at Craft-Dee BowZ is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW but since the Design Team likes to challenge ourselves further, we also chose to use autumn colors, festive foliage AND burlap for our spotlight posts. I used this rubber stamp from Bildmalarna for my card.



I used a chevron embossing folder by Die-sire and sanded the paper so I have a lighter and darker tone to the chevrons. The yellow sunflowers are from Martha Stewart and I added a touch of glitter on each petal for some shine. A card with no glitter is a day without sunshine. ;) The leaves are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The jewel swirl is from Michael's and my sentiment is by Wild Rose. Your eyes are not deceiving you...yes, I used both blue and turquoise jewels in the corners of my image's paper.



Here's an up-close image of my bows and I used acorn buttons by Dress It Up in the middle of each one. I made some paper using the Polished Stone technique and then used my leaf dies by Taylored Expressions to cut out the larger leaves. The tiny leaves that this little image is raking were made by a tiny punch (brand unknown) from the paper I made. I like this technique since I can pick different areas of the paper and get different colors and patterns. I love this pretty shear ribbon (thank you, Donna at CDB!) and I made two bows and tied them to the burlap ribbon. These bows came out as pretty as they did because I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. This tool makes beautiful single loop bows, and to make these double and triple loops...well, this tool is absolutely fabulous. It's small, lightweight and portable, too!


The gals at the Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge Blog have shared their outstanding creations on the blog each Tuesday this month and I hope you've seen them. If not, please take a moment now to cruise them before the next challenge!  And being that I'm the last Tuesday of the month to post my card, you know the challenge will be ending soon so if you have your card ready, please get it posted here. The challenge this month is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW.
 
Thanks for looking at my card this month and I hope you'll leave me a little message on my blog if you have a moment.
 
                                                                                    Hugs,
                                                      Gail