Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

An Embossed Snowflake

Thanks for stopping by today since it's probably one of the busiest weeks of the year! This is my monthly spotlight post at Craft-Dee BowZ. The team had the challenge of the topic "Christmas" and the colors purple, blue and silver. I chose my favorite color for this post. I think the color is so vibrant and rich looking and it reminds of the robe one of the Three Kings wore in the pictures I've seen.


My card background was made using one of my favorite techniques, the Polished Stone technique. I love purple and mixing purples and dark pink gave me the perfect background for this card. I hand embossed on vellum using a snowflake stencil. Yes, I did it by hand with a small tool and pressed in each hole on the stencil. (I don't think I'd make these cards by the dozen...my hand got really tired!) The round diecut is one from a nesting die set by QuicKutz. I embossed my sentiment with white embossing powder. I don't know who made the stamp since I've removed it from the wood and didn't write the manufacturer on the rubber. 


This purple ribbon is just gorgeous and it made a beautiful triple looped bow. This bow was so easy to make with my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. It would never look as good as this if I did it by hand. If you haven't gotten a Craft-Dee BowZ tool yet, make it a present to yourself for Christmas!

I added 3 rhinestones on top of the ribbon for some sparkle. I can never have enough sparkle! I suffered from glitter withdrawal making this card.


Have you seen the cards by Vicki and Tracey posted earlier this month?  So very pretty and worth a click over to take a look at them. Next Tuesday is Barbara's post and you need to stop by the Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge Blog to take a look at it (I've had a preview of the card and you've got to see it!). 

Since I'm the last post before Christmas, I get to wish you a very Merry Christmas from all of us here at Craft-Dee BowZ and we hope you have a chance to enjoy the holiday with family and friends.

                                                                                      Hugs,
                                                        Gail