Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Believe in Yourself

Hello everyone Kathy here and it's my Tuesday to post for Craft-Dee BowZ.  I was watching a video by Jennifer McGuire on how to paint with Distress Oxides.  She makes some really awesome cards, so when I seen her video I had to give it a try.


It was so darn easy and I really enjoyed the process and making the card.  All I did was to stamp  this image from Mama Elephant using Versa Mark ink then embossed it with white embossing powder.  I covered the embossed piece with Distress Oxide inks, starting with Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and then Broken china.  I buffed my piece off with a dry cloth to get the ink off of the embossed area.  Then I took a damp paint brush and started lifting the color from the inside of the flowers.  After going over the image one time I heat set it and went over it again to lift more color from it.


I then added some white detail with a white gel pen added some Nuvo Crystal Drops and added a bow that I made with my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. If you haven't picked up your own Craft-Dee BowZ tool don't hesitate.  It makes creating a bow so easy. To end it all I placed my card onto a side fold card base and my card was all finished.


Have you entered your card into our Challenge for this month?  If you haven't done so we would love to have you join in on all the fun.  We look forward to seeing what you create.  Up next Tuesday is Tracey and I am sure you will want to see what she has in store for you.

Take care and Big Crafty Hugs,
Kathy