Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Have a Heart

No, really, Have a Heart!  That's what this card really tells you.  An unusual way to present a card, this is done with the fold at the bottom and "lapels" folded back from the cut front flap.  I then decorated them with DP, matching card stock and this wonderful new border from Sizzix.  Then I punched several layers of scalloped hearts using Spellbinders dies, banded everything in Krylon gold to give it a pop.  The last thing, of course, was creating this multiple loop, wired ribbon bow for the heart.  The heart actually tucks inside the "lapel pocket" for an unusual presentation.  Hope you enjoy!




Hope you enjoy.  And I love hearing from you!

Donna

12 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

DD, how gorgeous! LOVE that gold around the edges. The ribbon, is, of course, beautiful, and the bow, magnificent! I'm pinning this card!

starqueen said...

OK, now I really (heart) this! Love every sweet little detail. Thanks for sharing!

Brenda Frame said...

Donna, this card is just beautiful! Pink is my favorite color too! Hugs

Charlene said...

Awesome card Donna!!! I love the layout and every detail!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card this week at CCCB!! :-)

Ros Crawford said...

What a clever creation this is ... beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

Linda R said...

What a creative and wonderful design. I just love this. Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!

Mary T said...

This is a cool card!! I'm w Sq I really (heart ) this

Mary T said...

I really lobe how you mass this!

Mary T said...

Opps. I hit send too quick
I meant to say I really lobe this.

Barbara Bruder said...

This is darling. Love how the heart tucks into the lapel pocket.Your fabulous bow finishes it all off.

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!
Sheri-TPE DT

Dianna said...

This is so cute--thanks to you its getting my creative juices flowing-- :-)