Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Scatter Joy!!!

Well, I am anxiously waiting for Spring to get here! I'm so tired of rain, and snow and COLD!!! So I thought I would "Scatter a little Joy" with this card! I pulled out some old scraps of paper and die cuts that matched this lucious ribbon. I also did a different type fold. It's actually a backwards folded small card inside an offset larger card.

I started out with a base of green cardstock. I embossed one section with a Spellbinders reversable embossing folder (Patchwork). I added pieces of patterned paper and die-cuts.


Here you see the inside section, you can see the bow itself was done with the sheer blue and green ribbons. The bow is a double loop bow, of course tied with my Craft-Dee Bowz tool!!! I used the lavendar ribbon to wrap around and use as a tie. It ties closed in the back.


Here is the inside!

Here are a couple of close-ups, you can see the detail of the bow and also a little bit of the embossing! This is also one of my favorite color combinations!


I hope this has put you in the mood to work on some Spring projects, and don't forget to add lots of bows, and be sure to use the Craft-Dee Bowz tool!!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Patti

7 comments:

Donna Maligno said...

Oh, my goodness!! I want to dive into this card. It's luscious on so many levels -- layers, embossing bows, flipping pages. Yikes! What a gorgeous card, Patti!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Pretty card Patti! I love the bow! =)

Suz said...

pretty card Patti

Susie Bentz said...

Very nice! This is one of my favorite folds. I love how you incorporated the ribbon into the design and actually made it functional! Brilliant!

Barbara Bruder said...

Patti, what a super card. I really like the unique way this is designed. Lots of cool pieces. Great colors and your pretty bow picks up on those colors, too.

Donna Maligno said...

This comment comes by way of Donna Ellis who was having a problem with the word verification implement on this blog. I am posting it in her name for you, Patti.


Springy is right! Patti, this is a wonderfully springy card, and has that happy, cheery feel new spring growth gives us. You tricked me! That magnificent bow hides the corner where I had expected the ribbon to go all the way across. Love the folds and opening! Great card.

Brenda Frame said...

Patti, this is a beautiful card! I love the spring colors and I love the fold of this card. Hugs