Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab above.

Followers

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Guest Designer Heidi Blankenship - Easter Blessings Card

Hello everyone!  Heidi, here today and I am so excited and honored to be the Guest Designer for 
Craft-Dee BowZ for the month of March!  
I was thrilled when I received the email from Donna!  I am having a lot of fun creating beautiful bows with the Craft-Dee BowZ tool.  I love that the dowels are metal and everything is self-contained.  I also love being able to create a wonderful variety of different size bows.  


Here is a look at the card I designed.  I stamped the image from JustRite Papercraft on to simply smooth white cardstock using Rich Cocoa ink and then I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers.  To create the die cuts I used Elegant Ovals from Spellbinders.  The metallic background was embossed using one of the M-bossabilities folders from Spellbinders.  The base of the card is a light yellow layered with a celery green mat.  I adhered the two top layers together and then I added some celery and cream silk ribbon.  Next I layered the die cuts using 3D Foam Squares and applied them to the card.  I used the Craft-Dee BowZ tool to create the beautiful little bow.  I love bows with lots of loops so I followed the Multiple Loops-Figure Eight Method for creating the bow.  


Here is a close up of the bow.  The Craft-Dee BowZ tool is so easy to use and I love using it with silk ribbon.  Sometimes when I am trying to make a bow with just my hands the silk ribbon is so silky smooth and it slips right through my fingers but when I'm using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool I don't have to worry about that at all!  Love it!


To finish off the card I added a little sparkle using the 
Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen and a few pearls.  

Thank you so much for joining me today! Also a Huge Thank You to Donna and Barbara for asking me to be a Guest Designer!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Craft-Dee BowZ
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft® CR-03660 Easter Blessings
Paper:  Simply Smooth White, Light Yellow, Celery, Pearl Metallic
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Dies:  Spellbinder Paper Arts® S4-425 Elegant Ovals, E3D-015 Tiger Lilies M-Bossabilities Folder
Markers:  Spectrum Noir™ LY1, LG1, LG2, LG3, IB1, CR1, Blender; Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Ribbon:  The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store-Celery 1.25'' Silk, Ivory 1/4'' Silk
Accessories:  Pearls; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ 3D Foam Squares, E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser

11 comments:

Donna Maligno said...

Heidi, this is just gorgeous! I love your simple, elegant style and lovely soft color combinations. And that multiple loop bow is the crowning sensation. I knew you would love working with the Craft-Dee BowZ tool! Thank you for exhibiting your creative talent on our blog today. Hugs,
Donna

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Stunning card! The embossing and die-cuts are so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful card, and lovely, delicate bow.

Mary T said...

What a beautiful card , so soft and elegant!

Vicki robertson said...

Magnificent card! Love the embossing, die-cut details and the bow is beautiful too.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I just love your beautiful and elegant card design. What a perfect Easter card creation!

Barbara Bruder said...

This card is so elegant. That embossed background is the perfect touch for the layered ovals.Beautiful bow and it's the perfect embellishment for this beautiful Easter card.

MG said...

Wow oh wow. That's lovely. Ethereal. If I made that card, I would have a very hard time giving it up. I'd have to send it to myself!

Shirley said...

Absolutely stunning! How very beautiful from the embossed BG to your lovely cross with the really pretty die cut layers and that wonderful bow!!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

A beautiful card Heidi and that embossed, pearlized background is exquisite! The bow is one of my favorite styles and is a perfect embellishment to this wonderful creation! ((hugs)) Rebecca

Karen Jiles said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!