Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab above.

Followers

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Vintage Fairy Inspiration

Vicki here...I'm up on the Craft-Dee BowZ Blog today with vintage fairy clip art inspiration for you.  I was extra creative and made two versions of one card and a second card using a different fairy image.  We are working with shades of light tan and taupe also.

 

The first card is a clean and simple version of the next one.  I added stickles to the fairy's dress and wings along with flowers and a bow.  This bow has to be one of the most favorite I created with my Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Making Tool.  I love the color and the sheer ribbon has an awesome shimmer.


For the next version of the first card, I added a second scalloped matting and irridescent jewels to pick up the sparkle in the fairy's dress.  The tan background was a great accent for the bow too.


On my last card, I made a lacy matting using a Spellbinder die-cut and script patterned paper.   The image of blue and tan tones is matted with the same blue and dark brown cardstock.  I added a strip of Memory Box red die-cut hearts for a pop of color and tucked a piece of distressed music sheet paper behind the image.  The bow was created with my Craft-Dee BowZ tool and the fabulous, sheer and shimmery ribbon of gold.  I embellished it with two pearl stick pins.

Thanks for stopping by!
Vicki

4 comments:

Donna Maligno said...

Wowee, wow, Vicki! These are totally gorgeous! Love the images you selected and the way you put them all together. As always, your bows are perfection!

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful vintage card, Vicki! It's not often that a vintage ballet image is seen, and this one looks really pretty with the small purple wings, and lovely flowers as she reaches for the butterfly! Wonderful card!

Tracy said...

Fabulous creations with simply beautiful images. x

Barbara Bruder said...

Vicki, both of these cards are so elegant. I especially like the 2nd and it's art deco feel.