Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab above.

Followers

Friday, October 18, 2013

Repurpose your old items with Craft-Dee BowZ

Hello Folks
Donna-Marie Here as a guest designer...whoo hooo!!
I am so honored that Donna asked me to join you today.
I use my Craft-Dee BowZ tool all the time to make perfect BowZ for all my projects both crafty and sewing.
Here is my latest project.  I picked up an old glass jar at my local thrift store and wanted to make something for the upcoming holidays to hold my candy.
I painted the jar with Gold 3D Stamp Paint from Viva D├ęcor and then stamped all over with Library Green Archival Ink using a floral stamp pad.
(the trick is not to put the rubber stamp on a block use the stamp without the block so that it will wrap around curved areas).
I then got to work creating my small spools of ribbon and paper.  I strung them on twine and put them aside.  Then it was time to make my bowZ!!! I made a big green one for the top and added a brown one at the bottom to balance the jar and give it some nice proportions.
I added some flowers and a tag :-)
Then strung my spools up into the bow.
I had so much fun making something out of a .49 cent old jar!!
What a great way to help the environment by recycling and repurposing :-)
I have enjoyed spending time with you folks today and hope I have inspired you to make something out of nothing...all you need to do is add a few bowZ!! LOL
Peace and Love


6 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Donna this would be brilliant in my livingroom, absolutely gorgeous hun xxx

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Great idea. Love the color and trinkets, and of course, the bows!

Donna Maligno said...

Donna-Marie, I am speechless! Wher do I start with this confection of creativity! The methods and products used on this stunning piece have me drooling and wanting to go make one. Thank you for being a part of Craft-Dee BowZ this month!

MG said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! That is truly FABULOUS! And I hope you subscribe to the theory about "the sincerest form of flattery" because I am sooooooo going to copy that idea!!! Thanks for getting my creative juices flowing!

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Donna! A treasure to enjoy at home, or as a gift! Just wonderful! hugs, de

Barbara Bruder said...

Donna, I think this project is fabulous. All the elements you used are wonderful and those spools are a great addition. Great tip on stamping on curved surfaces, too. This would look great in my guest bath. Thanks for being our guest designer this month and this project is truly a treasure to behold!!